Orthodontics is one of the most influential branches of dentistry. It deals with the diagnosis and treatment of malocclusion or the misalignment of teeth through various orthodontic appliances.
Although dental braces used to be the most popular solution, Invisalign - a highly advanced orthodontic aligner, is now the first option for treating malocclusion.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses clear tray aligners to straighten teeth by applying pressure on them in a gentle manner. The trays are customizable based on the contour of your teeth and using oral scans and X-rays as reference.
Invisalign aligners, unlike metal braces, are made from clear dental-grade plastic material, making them more comfortable and discreet.
What Are the Advantages of Choosing Invisalign Over Braces?
- Because Invisalign aligners are made from transparent, dental-grade plastic, they are almost unnoticeable. This way, you can undergo orthodontic treatment without anyone observing them.
- Invisalign is a custom-fabricated aligner that fits perfectly over the teeth, being more comfortable than traditional solutions.
- Invisalign is supported by state-of-the-art technology that accurately determines the pressure that needs to be applied to the teeth and does this in a gentle and controlled manner. This significantly reduces pain and discomfort during the procedure.
- The aligners are not fixed to the teeth and can be removed as and when required.
- When undergoing Invisalign treatment, you don’t have to refrain from any foods like you would with dental braces. You can take off the aligners and eat anything you want as long as you make sure no food residues are left on the teeth before putting them back.
How Should Invisalign Be Used?
Your dentist will walk you through how Invisalign should be used to make sure the treatment progresses as expected. Here is a brief understanding of the best practices:
- The aligners have to be worn for at least 22 hours every day. You can take them off while eating food or brushing your teeth.
- The aligners have to be replaced with a new set provided by the dentist once every two weeks.
- Eating food or drinking beverages with the aligners on is not recommended, as it could damage them and negatively affect the pressure applied on the teeth.
- Invisalign aligners have to be kept in a clean, cool, and dry place when they are taken off - away from children and pets.
To learn more about how Invisalign aligners can restore your smile, contact our highly trained team of dental experts at Spring Creek Dental by making an online appointment, calling (435) 713-0096, or visiting us at 274 N, Spring Creek Pkwy, Providence, UT 84332.