Dentures are known to be the best means to replace multiple missing teeth. They are removable prostheses made from a combination of acrylic and ceramic that mimic the appearance of the gums and teeth, respectively. Dentures restore not only oral functionality but also the aesthetics of your smile.
Why Should You Choose Dentures?
- Dentures are often the first choice recommended to patients who have a large number of missing teeth, as this option is more convenient than dental implants or bridges.
- Dentures are custom-fabricated to offer a perfect fit and keep them from getting displaced in the mouth.
- Dentures enable you to bite and chew food as you used to before losing your teeth.
- They restore facial shape as they replace every single tooth in your mouth, thus restoring the shape of your cheeks and chin.
- Most importantly, dentures are removable. You may take them off whenever you wish to, such as cleaning your mouth or the dentures.
What are the Types of Dentures?
They are the most common type of dentures. We fabricate conventional dentures by taking precise digital scans and x-rays of your mouth after removing the existing teeth in your mouth. They are usually made in a couple of weeks, during which you would have to go without teeth and allow the wounds to heal.
In the case of immediate dentures, the dentist would take precise scans of the mouth and fabricate the prostheses beforehand. When we extract the teeth, the dentures would be ready to use by then. We will place them in your mouth and allow the wounds to heal under the dentures.
Partial dentures are fabricated in such a way that they restore only a specific set of teeth that are missing. They would be held firmly in shape with the help of a metal framework. The prosthetic teeth from the dentures would sit adjacent to the existing natural teeth to give you a complete smile.
What is the Procedure for Getting Dentures?
When you visit us for the initial consultation, the dentist will screen your mouth and determine whether or not you are suitable for dentures. If you have existing teeth that are severely damaged or decayed, we will extract them before providing the dentures. Highly precise x-rays and scans will be used to digitally map the shape of the jaw ridges, which are used as a reference for fabricating the dentures.
Once the dentures are fabricated and ready for use, we will schedule a follow-up consultation for you. During this, we will place the dentures in the mouth and check for a suitable fit. If you do not feel comfortable with the contour or fit of the dentures, we will modify them and provide perfectly fitting prostheses. Following the aftercare instructions suggested by the dentist will ensure the dentures remain as good as new for a long duration.
We request you to schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (435) 713-0096 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll be happy to help.